Who We Serve
We’ll be happy to answer all your questions and to learn more about your requirements. Please get in touch. We have spaces NOW in the homes of carefully selected providers!
Please review the Safety Guidelines and sign the
Covid-19 Waiver before applying for child care.
This document will be reviewed and revised as new information is shared by the Ministry of Education and Ottawa Public Health.
“Teach children what to think and you limit them to your ideas. Teach children how to think and their ideas are unlimited.”
Why Choose Us?
- We support safe, quality care for children in a family setting
- We match providers to your childcare needs & schedule
- We set up and attend interviews with prospective providers
- Qualified Home Visitors conduct monthly visits & safety checks every 3 months
- Our Home Visitors are registered Early Childhood Educators
- Screened providers must pass a Criminal Records Check
- We place a maximum of 6 children with any provider
- We regularly offer First Aid and CPR Training to providers
- Subsidized spaces are available for qualified residents of Ottawa
- We arrange alternate care when needed
- On-going support and advice with behaviour issues, nutrition concerns, toilet learning ideas, communication skills, and safety concerns
How To Register
WEIGHING CHILDCARE OPTIONS?
Please Contact Us to discuss the option of Licensed Daycare in the home of a carefully selected provider. One of the main reasons families choose Metcalfe Home Day Care for their childcare needs is that we maintain a relationship with you and with the Home Childcare provider, monitoring the care provided, to ensure it consistently meets your needs and all legislated requirements. If you are considering becoming a Home Childcare Provider please get in touch.
Register for Home Childcare with Metcalfe Home Day Care Agency!
Step 1 – Call the Rural Family Connections office at (613) 821-2899 and let’s chat! We’ll arrange an “Intake Interview” during which we’ll answer all your questions about our Metcalfe Home Day Care Agency. During this meeting, we’ll explore your specific childcare needs including schedule and any specialized requirements you may have. This meeting will take place with one of our home visitors
Step 2 – Please download the MHDC Parent Handbook.
The MHDC Parent Handbook which describes and includes:
- Our service
- Our Policies
- Our Fees
- Child’s Application for Care
- Transportation Policy
- Parent Agreement Parent Permission Form
Note: Provide a copy of your child’s immunization card (we can photocopy this for you in our office).
Step 3 – Once we have received your completed documentation (Step 2), we will arrange a “Match Visit” with a prospective provider. We accompany you to these meetings and arrange the match based on the needs we discussed in the Intake Interview.
Step 4 – If you are satisfied with the Provider you met during your ‘Match Visit’ (Step 3), we’ll confirm a start date with you, ensure all paperwork is completed and obtain your payment for the first month’s childcare.
We’ll be happy to answer all your questions and to learn more about your requirements. Get in touch.
We are presently looking for Home Childcare Providers, if you are interested in finding out more please Contact Us. We’re happy to discuss current needs and the benefits of being a childcare provider supported by our licensed home childcare agency.
Why Work With Us?
- We offer competitive rates and “Wage Grant Top-up”
- We handle invoicing and pay you directly
- We issue client tax receipts
- You can have your own clients & our agency clients
- We help with new provider set up
- Providers may borrow equipment such as high chairs and gates
- We provide some craft supplies
- We offer free CPR, First-Aid Training and other relevant workshops
- On-going support and advice with behaviour issues, nutrition concerns, toilet learning ideas, communication skills and safety concerns